This whole wheat banana bread recipe is easy to make, delicious and easy on your stomach.
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs (or flax or chia eggs)
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter (coconut oil and palm shortening work great)
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain spelt flour (white, whole wheat or sprouted flour works here too)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup, (or 1 cup sugar)
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, stirring well.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- If using granulated sweetener, bake at 350 F for 1 hour, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If using liquid sweetener, bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 20 minutes, checking after 1 hour.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before serving (trust me – it tastes best this way!).
You can substitute up to half the oil for applesauce!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 293mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: comfort food, snack recipe, quick bread