Grab some cayenne peppers when they’re fresh from the farmer’s market and make a homemade version of the popular “Frank’s” hot sauce. Super quick and easy and lasts forever!
- 18 cayenne peppers
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, paper removed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Wash the peppers and trim off the stem.
- Put all the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Once cooled enough to handle safely, pour everything into a blender and blend into a smooth, saucy consistency.
- Pour back into the pot and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Lasts at least 6 months.