Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, salty and sweet – the perfect, healthy tater tot for kids!
- Finely grate the potatoes with a box grater (the medium grate on most box graters. Do not use a food processor unless you have a blade that grates quite finely). You should have about 2 cups total.
- Mix the potato with the tapioca flour and salt to combine.
- Form 1-in. balls and place on a plate (they should hold together. If not, add more flour.)
- Remove all inserts and heat the Air Fryer to 375-degrees F. Set for 15 minutes.
- Allow to heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 – 2 Tbsp. of oil, enough to lightly cover the bottom.
- Place the sweet potato balls in the Air Fryer (this will likely require 2 rounds, depending on the size of your Air Fryer).
- Cook for the remaining 12 minutes, pausing halfway to flip the tater tots.
- Remove from the pan and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Repeat until all tater tots are cooked. Serve immediately.
You can easily double the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 128mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: kid-friendly, kid food, copycat