- 3 Tbs. coconut oil (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice (or bottled)
- 4 Tbs. coconut cream concentrate (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!) + 3 c. milk (or additional chicken broth for dairy-free) OR 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp.red pepper flakes (cut in half for young children)
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro (or 1/4 c. fresh cilantro)
- 1/2 pound frozen broccoli
- 1/2 pound frozen green beans
- For best results, remove the frozen vegetables from the freezer to thaw a bit so that you can chop them up into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot. Saute onions until translucent, 5-10 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock, chicken, soy sauce, lime juice, coconut cream (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!), additional liquid (broth or milk), and all seasonings.
- Bring to a boil while you chop the frozen veggies. Add them into the pot and reduce heat to a simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until everything is heated through.
Serve with toppings:
* fresh cilantro
* squeeze of lime juice
* crushed red pepper flakes
If you really like the rice part of stir fry, add a ball of cooked rice – you don’t even have to heat it up if the soup is served steaming hot!