- Cottage cheese (secret ingredient!)
- Put pan on stove and turn burner on medium heat.
- Grab from fridge: butter, eggs, cottage cheese (secret ingredient!) and spinach, if any is washed.
- Run stick of butter around pan a few times. (Why real butter only?)
- Throw handful of spinach in pan or a few cubes of frozen spinach (optional).
- Use spoonula (one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!) to scoop cottage cheese into pan. (Ratio is about 2-3 Tbs cottage cheese for every two eggs. This is especially excellent for pregnant women because cottage cheese has a lot of protein, oh-so-important for growing babies. Be sure to use full fat cottage cheese – here’s why.)
- Break eggs directly into pan.
- Mix with spoonula; turn heat to medium-low.
- Continue to stir periodically as eggs cook.
- During this time, you get the plates and forks out, put stuff back into the fridge, get toast going, put dishes away from last night’s dinner, corral kiddos into the kitchen…all the stuff you’d usually be doing before or after pouring the milk on the cereal.
- Add optional shredded cheese, definitely if you’re expecting (bring on the protein!).
- Eat! Yummy!