- Cook pasta to package directions and drain.
- Heat a medium-large pot and add oil, then garlic, sauteing for a minute over medium heat. (Note: Don’t use cast iron with tomato dishes)
- Pour in the tomatoes and greens, stir, and heat over medium high with a lid on the pot.
- Once the greens are wilted, add the fresh basil and cheese just long enough for the cheese to begin to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta and stir to coat.
- Serve warm or cold as a pasta salad.
This dish would certainly work well with any pasta, from whole wheat to gluten-free, in any shape.
Feel free to substitute 2 whole fresh tomatoes for the jar of diced.
Add a half pound cooked hot or sweet bulk sausage to make it a meal!
To complete the meal, I floated a steamer basket of vegetables for a side dish, right on top of the spaghetti water while it was cooking.