A perfect side dish to any summer meal!
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (preferably of different colors), halved
- 1 handful of fresh herbs, roughly chopped
- 1 splash of extra virgin
- 1 splash of red wine vinegar
- pepper, to taste and freshly crushed
- Cut the garden-fresh tomatoes into halves (or quarters depending on your preference).
- Roughly chop your choice of fresh herbs and place into a medium-sized bowl with the tomatoes.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar to the bowl along with a few dashes of salt and pepper – season to taste!
- This salad can be served immediately but the flavor profile really comes to life after allowing to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
You may use any of your favorite fresh herbs! Mint is one of my favorites and offers a light and refreshing flavor profile. Basil pairs beautifully with tomatoes and you can also use it in a mixture of oregano and/or thyme.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 298 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fresh, summer, produce