- Melt the butter over low heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. A KitchenAid mixer on high or a potato masher works great.
- Add eggs, honey and [peanut butter] and mix well.
- Mix in the melted butter – hopefully it’s had a little time to cool off.
- Add the dry ingredients on top, flour first, then sprinkle the salt and baking soda over the flour.
- Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spoon the batter into 24 lined muffin cups (or 12 large and 24 mini). Bake for 25 minutes for muffins, 16 minutes for minis
The muffins freeze great for up to 3 months.
The reader who sent me the recipe says: “I think adding quite a bit of peanut butter, at least 1/4 to 1/2 cup, is what makes these so delicious! I just pour it in from the jar, so I’ve never actually measured. This recipe is very forgiving!”
If you don’t have honey, you can always use a granulated sweetener like sucanat or organic sugar. To keep the sweetness the same, add a few extra tablespoons. The muffins may also need 3-5 extra minutes of bake time.