Don’t have an hour to roast squash in your oven? No problem! Perfectly cook squash in 8 minutes in your Instant Pot!
- 1 squash (butternut, spaghetti, acorn, etc)
- 1 cup water
- Using a rubber malletand sharp knife, cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard (or turn into a crispy snack!).
- Quarter your squash if it is large (so it can fit in the Instant Pot).
- Place a metal trivet in the liner of your pot and add 1 cup of water. (You must use the trivet for this method!!!)
- Arrange your squash quarters on the trivet.
- Put on the lid and make sure the nozzle is set to seal.
- Select the STEAM button (not Manual!) for 8 minutes.
- Once it has finished cooking do a natural release or quick pressure release. The flesh will fall away from the peel without any effort.
- Enjoy plain, with a splash of butter and salt, or use in your favorite recipe.