A quick, easy and nutritious gluten free macaroni and cheese.
- 2 cups brown rice noodles
- 1/4 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin or winter squash
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups grated cheese (any variety you like, mozzarella works well for melting)
- 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic cane sugar (optional – makes it taste more like boxed mac & cheese)
- Combine the noodles, broth and water in the Instant Pot. Set it to manual for 3 minutes.
- After the 3 minutes is up do a quick release of the pressure.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on the sautee setting until the cheese is melted, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and let sit for 2 – 3 minutes to thicken before serving.