- Instant Pot Recipes for Picky Eaters
- Gluten Free Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
- KID-Friendly Instant Pot Gluten Free Mac and Cheese
- Kid and Mom Approved Gluten Free Dinner
- Gluten Free Mac and Cheese with Pumpkin
If you’re gluten free and love mac n cheese, this Instant Pot recipe is for you!
Sometimes I wish there was an easy button for dinner. Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook! But with three little kids, home schooling, activities and work it’s hard to squeeze it in some days. Sound familiar?
But I have a little secret I want to share with you…kids love easy meals! Really. If you take your time and prepare an elaborate feast they’ll probably turn up their noses. Keep it simple and you’ll have a happy bunch.
Instant Pot Recipes for Picky Eaters
I am very well versed in picky eating (more than I wish!…you can learn more here. Yet I’ve raised three little foodies that now jump for joy at the sight of cabbage and Brussels sprouts. They get giddy about salmon and sardines! My toddler even eats plain gelatinous broth off the spoon and cries when I take meat bones away from her because she likes to chew on them.
Yet even with their broad palates my kids love simple meals like chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese (they love this dairy free version!). I am more than happy to oblige…but in a healthy way. (My kids have never had either of these that comes from a box. And I’m guessing they wouldn’t like them if they did since my kids know what real food tastes like.)
And remember that easy button I mentioned? It does exist…it’s called the Instant Pot.
Gluten Free Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
This gluten free Instant Pot mac and cheese meets all of my requirements:
- gluten free
- nourishing (the most important!)
GLUTEN-FREE CAN BE CONFUSING BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE HARD!I’m thrilled to share a FREE gluten-free cheat sheet mini eBook to help get you started! This is perfect if you’ve just been told you need a GF diet, if you have a friend or family member eating GF and you’d like to cook for them, or if you’re just curious what it’s all about!
After the Instant Pot builds pressure the gluten free mac & cheese is ready in literally five minutes. Talk about fast food! So when your kids are “starving” and need food “right now” you can actually deliver.
KID-Friendly Instant Pot Gluten Free Mac and Cheese
We teach kids to cook, and we love sharing real food recipes that don’t confuse our young chefs! Head over to Kids Cook Real Food to print this recipe in our special kid-friendly style:
A quick, easy and nutritious Instant Pot gluten free mac and cheese.
- 2 cups brown rice noodles
- 1/4 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin or winter squash
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups grated cheese (any variety you like, mozzarella works well for melting)
- 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic cane sugar (optional – makes it taste more like boxed mac & cheese)
- Combine the noodles, broth and water in the Instant Pot. Set it to manual for 3 minutes.
- After the 3 minutes is up do a quick release of the pressure.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on the sautee setting until the cheese is melted, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and let sit for 2 – 3 minutes to thicken before serving.
- Need a little help getting healthy food on the table every day? Real Plans takes the stress out of meal planning and puts the nourishing food BACK on your table. There’s a plan for every diet type, including GAPS, Paleo, AIP, Whole30, vegetarian and more! You remain totally in control: use your own recipes, accept theirs, and teach the system what your family likes…Check out how powerful it is here!
Kid and Mom Approved Gluten Free Dinner
When I first tried making mac & cheese in the Instant Pot I was worried about the texture of the noodles. We are gluten free, and I wasn’t sure how gluten free noodles would hold up. To my great delight they cooked perfectly! No mushy noodles.
You’re Just *7 Days* Away From Easier Meals with Your Instant Pot
Whether you have a few fav meals in your Instant Pot or still aren’t using it regularly yet, I can show you the secrets to SAVE time (and money) with my favorite appliance!
May I send you my best hacks to maximize my fav appliance so you can spend more time with your family AND nourish them well?
Get IP hacks in short emails and transform the way you serve dinner:
But for me the best part of this kid-friendly meal is not the ease or even the taste. The best part is the nutrition factor. I’m a huge fan of making every bite count (or at least most of them…nobody is perfect). So I was thrilled to be able to add both broth and vegetables to our mac & cheese…without anyone noticing! My kids can’t get enough of this stuff.
Gluten Free Mac and Cheese with Pumpkin
Are you just transitioning off a Standard American Diet? Guess what? The pumpkin makes this look just like the mac & cheese that comes from a box! Switching to this more nourishing variety is a simple baby step that your kids won’t even notice.
This gluten free Instant Pot mac & cheese works perfectly for an easy lunch (it even tastes great cold packed in a school lunch!) or for a busy week night supper.
It is also a big money saver using simple staple ingredients and no meat (check out this post if you’re looking for more ways to cut back on meat).
The next time your kids are begging for a quick, delicious meal whip up a nutritious batch of macaroni and cheese. And let the Instant Pot do all the work!
Will you try this gluten free Instant Pot Mac n Cheese? What is your go-to “Easy Button” meal? Share in the comments below!Unless otherwise credited, photos are owned by the author or used with a license from Canva or Deposit Photos.