Our Commitment to Privacy
Kitchen Stewardship®, LLC, Contact Information
Kitchen Stewardship®, LLC
8566 Woodruff Drive
Byron Center, Michigan 49315
In general, you can visit this website without identifying who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
Information collected online can generally be categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable.
Anonymous information is information that cannot be connected to the identity of a specific individual.
Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies a particular user, such as name, address, or phone number. An example of anonymous information is the fact that, while this website may record the number of visits to a particular page that occur in a given period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor.
Many users of this website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this website is anonymous information.
If you visit the website of Kitchenstewardship.com, then we may collect the following information:
- first name and email along with the e-mail address of someone who wants to subscribe to our list;
- Your first name if you want to comment on the website;
- the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with the business via e-mail;
- aggregate information on what pages website visitors’ access or visit;
- if you purchase any of our products, we will collect information such as your first and last name, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses, and any other information that is necessary to serve you;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of a visitor;
- and information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information collected is used to improve the content of this website and to send out emails about products and services.
If you use social media buttons on the Website (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter), you will be providing certain information about yourself with the social media sites. For example, this shared information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address and other information about you based upon the content you marked or shared using the social media button, as well as any comments you made about the content when using social media.
With respect to cookies: this website sets cookies to market to certain individuals the products our website sells.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
We collect personally identifiable information about you to:
- personalize user experience;
- provide the services or products you request;
- generate statistical studies;
- conduct marketing research;
- improve products and services;
- process transactions
- send you surveys and/or periodic emails;
- to administer your account and respond to your questions; and
- notify you of new products and any other changes to our site or services that may affect you.
When you submit personally identifiable information to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store, and use that information for those purposes.
We will not sell or give any personally identifiable information to any third parties.
We may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities. If requested by law enforcement or judicial authorities, we will provide this information on receipt of the appropriate documentation. We may also release information to law enforcement agencies or other third parties if we feel it is necessary to protect the safety and welfare of our personnel or to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Members-Only Area – the Membership Dashboard
To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on the Membership Dashboard’s Websites, members and other users are asked to voluntarily register and/or provide their member login, as well as provide some limited personal information. The Membership Dashboard asks members to provide their first and last names and email address.
Similar information may be submitted to the Membership Dashboard through membership applications, conference or seminar registration, publication orders, subscriptions and contest registrations. The Membership Dashboard uses this information to enhance its products and services, and distribution of those products to its members.
In some of our Membership Dashboard areas, parents can create usernames for their children to access the courses they have purchased. We will collect the child’s first and last name as well as their email address. We use the email address to send the instructions on how to log into the eCourse, username, password, and a short welcome message, along with anything else that may be useful to navigate the Membership Dashboard. This information is to use the membership area only, and will not be shared with any third-party.
Protecting Your Information
We use reasonable industry-accepted technology and controls to protect your data from disclosure to unauthorized third parties. Although these measures are typically effective, use of the Internet and related computer systems is inherently vulnerable to unauthorized access or “hacking.”
No guarantee can be given that all information you provide us will not be accessed by unauthorized persons. Please note that not method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from the European Union
The GDPR requires us to tell our users about the 8 rights under the law, which are:
- The right to be informed: We must make clear what type of data we are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access: You may see what data is held about you by us.
- The right to rectification: If the data we have about you is incorrect in some way, you have the right to have your data corrected or amended.
- The right to erasure: Under certain circumstances, you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to us by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to further processing of your data that is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which that data was collected.
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
There are six Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data under the GDPR from the European Union. They are:
- Performance of a Contract: We process some of your data as a necessary part of performing contractual obligations to you. For Example, ensuring products you buy can be delivered to you or providing you with access to your digital subscription.
- Consent: Some processing activities will only be done where we have sought your prior consent. If we require your consent, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it. Consent must be freely given, clear, and easy to withdraw. If you ask us to delete your information, we will do so unless we can demonstrate that another legal basis applies for the use of that information.
- Legal Obligation: There may be situations where we need to use your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations or defend claims or other legitimate legal obligations.
- Legitimate Interest: We process some of your data because it is in our legitimate interests to do so. Where this is the case, we have considered the impact using your data may have on you and limited out our use to only what is strictly necessary. Where we are using this as our basis, we can provide you with an explanation of why processing is in our interests, and you are free to contest this decision if you wish.
Examples of our legitimate interests processing activities include (but are not limited to):
- developing, delivering, and maintaining relevant and engaging products, services, and advertising; and
- understanding who are audience is in order to better serve them.
- Vital Interest: This is a processing activity that could be required to save someone’s life.
- Public Interest: A processing activity that would occur by a government entity or an organization acting on behalf of a government entity.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that is through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping, and for the establishment or to pursue or defend against legal claims. Our legal basis for this action is based on our legitimate interests.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of services such as your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details, and your card details. We use this data to provide our services that you have purchased and keep records of those transactions. Our legal basis for this action is based on our contract with you to provide products and services.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases, and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and our business. Our legal basis for this action is based on our legitimate interests.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our legal basis for this action is based on our legitimate interests.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our legal basis for this action is based on our legitimate interests.
- We may use any of the above-mentioned forms of data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our legal basis for this action is based on our legitimate interests.
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the way we collect information from you is described above. Please note that where Consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or simply opting out of any email message by using the “unsubscribe” link.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and our customer, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83 permits you to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please send an email using this website’s contact form or write us at the following address:
Kitchen Stewardship®, LLC
8566 Woodruff Drive
Byron Center, Michigan 49315
We are a website that offers services to connect families around healthy food. While we are creating material for children to learn to cook, the website is not directed at children, but at their parents.
We do not knowingly market to minors under the age of 13, nor do we allow such persons to use our services.
If you are a minor under the age of 13, please do not attempt to use our services or send us any information about yourself to us.
If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor. Please contact us using the contact information under Kitchen Stewardship®, LLC, Contact Information heading or this contact form.
Sweepstakes, Promotions, and Surveys
We may invite you to complete a survey or participate in a promotion (like a contest, a sweepstakes, or a challenge), either through our website or a third-party platform. If you participate, we will collect and store the data you provide as part of participating, such as your name, email address, date of birth, or phone number.
When you subscribe to our list, you will provide us with your first name along with your email address so that we may communicate with you via email. We will only send you email if you have opted-in to our email list or in association with our services that you have purchased.
If at any time you do not wish to receive offers and emails from us, we ask that you tell us. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, you may unsubscribe from our email list, let us know by sending an e-mail using the contact form on this website, or send your request by postal mail to the address listed above.
We engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf (for example, without limitation, payment processing, email delivery services, and advertising serving technologies). These third parties have access to your information so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf, and they are prohibited by us from using or disclosing your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, except to the extent required by law.
Kitchen Stewardship® participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Advertising Privacy Statement
Kitchenstewardship.com is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the website. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on Kitchenstewardship.com; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google, and our other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
AdThrive is also testing a new method of placing advertising on a website, as cookies will be phased out of use soon on some web browsers. This method is called email identity.
Here is the information from AdThrive explaining the email identity process:
- Once enabled, whenever a user types an email address into a form on your site (such as a newsletter signup), our ad code hashes the email address, using an algorithm that converts it into a unique identifier.
- This identifier can’t be reverse-engineered back into an email address — the ID is now a completely anonymous way to associate a user who types an email address on one site to a user who types the same email address on another site.
- Our ad code stores this hashed identity token as a first-party cookie and passes it along to our partners. This provides more information to advertisers, who can then target their ads accordingly, while retaining user privacy.
We will be using this new technology in an effort to better serve you. As with any new technology, updates and changes may occur at a rapid pace. Because of this, we will link you to the AdThrive Email Identity FAQs to keep you updated.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing.
If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on kitchenstewardship.com, you can contact AdThrive at [email protected] If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences icon. (Available in the EU.)
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all collected information to our parent and subsidiary companies. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Company; or
- in connection with a merger, consolidation, or sale of the Company.
From time to time, we may use visitor information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this privacy notice. If information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to this website to notify you of these changes and we will use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward.
Website visitors may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by e-mailing us through our contact form.
Upon request, we provide site visitors with access to a description of information we maintain about them. Website visitors can access this information by writing to Kitchen Stewardship®, LLC, at the above address.
If you feel that Kitchen Stewardship®, LLC, site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above address.