This policy is valid from April 27th, 2011 (updated 10/2018).
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Katie Kimball. For questions about this blog, please contact me.
The purpose of Kitchen Stewardship is to help people balance God’s gifts of their health via nutrition, the good green earth, time and our budgets. It does take time to create all this content, so I do accept paid advertising, sponsorships, affiliate programs and other forms of compensation.
The Federal Trade Commission has rules for Disclosure Compliance for online media. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, YouTube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link, product, or service. As Kitchen Stewardship has grown, so have costs associated with running and maintaining it. Listed below are several ways I offset those costs.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site:
- Any/all of the links on kitchenstewardship.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.
- If I post an affiliate link to a product, it is something that I personally use, support and/or would recommend, even without an affiliate link.
- I sometimes review items that are sent to me for free. All of my opinions regarding them are my own. I only endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
- If a post is sponsored by a company, I will disclose that within the post. I am very picky about what I recommend, and that holds true for sponsored posts. If it’s not something I would use with my family, I won’t recommend it.
- I have my own Miessence storefront from which I earn income as well.
- I run network ads and Adsense, both of which I have some blocking control, but only if I know an ad that doesn’t fit the mission of KS is there. Please let me know if you see anything odd!
- When I run a giveaway, I usually have received a free product to review, and the company has sponsored a free product to give to one of my readers. All giveaways are paid or affiliate advertising. The review is my own opinion, and the company in question does not edit or approve it in any way. They also don’t compensate me for reviewing the product beyond providing me with a sample. Giveaways and reviews are typically kept separate for a very good reason: I do accept paid giveaways, as giveaways take a great deal of time to administrate and are a fabulous form of advertising. The bottom line? Reviews are free, between me and my readers. Giveaways are paid advertising, most of the time.
- Some of my integrated campaigns for companies include a certain number of tweets or Facebook updates about the company, but I always strive to make those interesting, authentic content for my readers at the same time.
- AMAZON DISCLOSURE: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Health and Wellness Disclaimer
This site is for educational purposes only. It does not provide medical advice. Information found on the Kitchen Stewardship site is meant to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site. Reliance on any information provided by Kitchen Stewardship, others appearing on this site at the invitation of Kitchen Stewardship, or other visitors to this site is solely at your own risk.
Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods, supplements, or activities have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. By using this site you agree to these terms.
Terms subject to change at any time.