- 6 eggs
- 1/4 c. unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c. honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. coconut flour (use the code STEWARDSHIP for 10% off at that site!)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat or stir eggs, coconut oil,
honeyand salt together until smooth. Be sure to mix the oil in immediately as it will likely solidify as soon as it hits the cold eggs.
- Sift coconut flour into the batter and sprinkle baking soda over the top so that it mixes in evenly. Beat or whisk hard until smooth.
- I highly recommend using muffin cup liners for this recipe, but if you don’t mind the clean-up, you can grease 12 muffin cups with coconut oil.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 cups (usually about halfway full) and bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes (350F if you use all honey) until a toothpick in the center comes out clean and tops are springy, not mushy.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store at room temperature 3-5 days or freeze immediately.
- Makes 12 muffins.
* I often use half maple syrup and half honey; I like the way the flavors balance out. I’ve also successfully used both date sugar and sucanat, so I’m pretty confident any granulated sweetener will work as well.
* More on how to bake grain-free with coconut flour.
* And my comparison of 3 different coconut flour brands to find the best brand of coconut flour.