- 1 egg yolk, from pastured chickens, room temperature
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (raw is best)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbs (or a little less) fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1–2 tsp Worstershire sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbs (or more) Parmesan cheese (optional if needed for dairy-free)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Blend up everything but the parmesan and the olive oil with the stick blender or food processor.
- Stream in the olive oil. It should thicken up into a creamy consistency, which is SO FUN to watch!
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese at the end. I’ve failed at this twice; the dressing was still tasty, just more like an Italian consistency. The trick is to have room temperature ingredients.
- Note: With a food processor, I use that to mince the garlic first, then make a chunk of Parmesan cheese into shreds. I remove those items and continue with the rest of the ingredients, adding the garlic and Parm back in at the end.
UPDATE: If you have a failed batch, whisk up a new egg yolk and pour in the entire failed batch slowly as if it was the oil. That should thicken it up nicely! (Room temperature helps too.)