- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2+ Tbs white wine vinegar*
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 tsp onion flakes or powder
- 1–2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk mustard and vinegar together.
- Add olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly.
- Add spices and whisk.
- Store in a jar at room temperature, preferably in dark glass or in a dark cupboard, and shake well before using.
- Should last at least a month or more, especially if you are more careful about light, heat and air getting to your oil.
*You can also use balsamic vinegar and similar seasonings for a totally different dressing. My 3-year-old loves “balsamic vig-a-grette” as he pronounces it!