- 1 avocado
- 1/2 c. yogurt cheese (or 4 oz. goat cheese)
- 2–3 Tbs. lemon juice
- (optional) 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 1–3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley or cilantro (or about 1 Tbs. dried)
- Whiz the garlic in a food processor first, then add the avocado, yogurt cheese, lemon juice and salt. Process everything until smooth.
- Stir in herbs.
- Serve with carrot sticks, sliced bell peppers and other vegetables for dipping.
*For children, yogurt cheese is a friendlier option than goat cheese (and has the probiotics). Shoot low on the garlic for kids too.
*If you don’t have a food processor, crush the garlic separately and try an immersion blender (found on Amazon) or just mash well with a fork.
*If not serving right away, leave the avocado pit in the dip and try to use a cover that touches the dip to prevent oxidation (browning).
*Adapted from Food with Kid Appeal.