Super quick to throw together – just use beans leftover from making another meal. Gluten-free, grain-free and healthy enough to serve for breakfast yet decadent enough for a holiday dessert!
- 1 3/4 c. cooked white beans (navy, Great Northern)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. honey or 3/4 c. sucanat
- 1/4 c. melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. dried, ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp.
- 1 tsp. lemon juice or 1/2 tsp. lemon or orange zest, optional
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put everything but the chocolate chips and cranberries into a food processor, and process until absolutely smooth. Do a few extra seconds so rogue bean skins won’t freak people out! 😉
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries (or you can sprinkle both on top in the pan).
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 30-40 minutes (less with honey, more with sucanat).
- The cake will bounce back in the center and a toothpick or butter knife will come out clean.
- Serve warm and store in the refrigerator if keeping more than a day or two; this cake is very moist.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Sodium: 36g
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 32mg