I kind of want to win this giveaway, but I don’t think that’s going to work out.
I was impressed by how many of you said you liked supporting at-home-mom run businesses, and I absolutely agree with you. When I saw these PlanetBox stainless steel lunchboxes on another blog, I fell in love right away. They seem to be one of the most convenient ways to reduce your waste when packing lunches and avoid plastic completely at the same time. Because they’re a small family-run business, they can’t be giving away products left and right, so when I approached them, I had to choose: left or right? You or me?
I could have just grabbed one for the household and written a nice review for you all, but that would be selfish – we’re not even packing lunches anymore (hubby works at home) and yet (no kids in school). So you get the goods – I love my readers!
This felt like the perfect giveaway to close out Decreasing Disposables in December after we’ve all examined our capability to reduce, reuse, and get creative to be gentle to the earth.
A little info: PlanetBox is the eco and easy way to pack healthy lunches for kids. Made out of high quality stainless steel, its the safe, non-toxic alternative to plastic. Part bento box, part TV dinner tray, PlanetBox is a custom-designed, all in one solution for packing well-balanced lunches kids love. Kids can personalize their PlanetBox with their choice of super hip magnet sets. Check out www.PlanetBox.com for more information.
PlanetBox – Lunch Transportation for the Green Generation.
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED – WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED MONDAY, JANUARY 18TH. THANKS FOR ENTERING!
HOW TO ENTER: Just leave a comment telling me what measures you already take to reduce packing waste when eating away from home. If you don’t, check out this reducing lunchtime waste post for ideas and tell me what you are GOING to do!
(If you receive KS via email, you will need to click over to the site to leave a comment.) If you’d like more chances, obtain extra entries by doing the following. You may leave all the entries in one comment and I’ll sort them out!
- Mandatory entry: How do you reduce lunch waste?
- Check out PlanetBox’s website and tell me the magnets you like best (click “Buy Now” when you get there).
- Subscribe in a reader or via email to Kitchen Stewardship (or tell me if you already do).
- If you have a blog or website, post about this giveaway linking back to this post.
- Just tell me: What kind of recipe would you be most interested in seeing here at Kitchen Stewardship?
- Follow me on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway (just click the button at the top of this post).
- Stumble or Digg this post (you can use the “Share This!” icon at the bottom of the post). (What is Stumble?)
- Email 5 friends (who don’t already read Kitchen Stewardship) about the giveaway.
- Stumble or Digg your favorite post or recipe at Kitchen Stewardship.
- **FIVE ENTRIES: Take the 1-minute reader survey here and, since the survey is anonymous, tell me that you did it.
Be sure to tell me everything you did in your comment. I still trust the honor system. Just be honest about what you’ve done – giveaways should be fun!
I will use random.org’s integer generator to choose the commenters who win from my list of commenter emails. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, January 15th, and I’ll post the winners by the following Monday.
NOTE: If you sent a comment via email on 1/10 or 1/11 when my comments were broken, they absolutely count. All is well now, thanks to my husband’s troubleshooting.
If you missed the last Monday Mission, click here.
Photos are from the PlanetBox website.
Disclosure: This one is all for you! I received nothing to run this giveaway. See my full advertising disclosure here.