“Is Your Flour Wet?” (a soaked grains eBook) No Longer Available

Is Your Flour Wet title photoIt’s finally here! The free Ebook Is Your Flour Wet? Soaked, Sprouted, or Soured: Grains Recipes from Our Kitchens to Yours is ready for downloading! Is Your Flour Wet bound cover

It’s 84 pages long, contains 45 recipes from a whole bunch of favorite real food bloggers, and includes a bunch of Kitchen Stewardship information and how-to tutorials on the basics of soaking, sprouting, and sourdough.

Our premium sponsor, Shiloh Farms, plays a big role in bringing you this shiloh farms 125resource. They are one of the few places you can purchase truly healthy grains like sprouted flour, and their organic dried beans are another excellent option. Thank you to Shiloh Farms and the two other sponsors, which you’ll meet inside the eBook.

UPDATE 5/2013: Is Your Flour Wet? is no longer available at Kitchen Stewardship. You can get the current newsletter freebie by signing up right HERE. Thanks for your interest!

I’d love to see more of you!  Sign up for a free email subscription or grab my reader feed. You can also follow me on Twitter, get KS for Kindle, or see my Facebook Fan Page.

Kitchen Stewardship is dedicated to balancing God’s gifts of time, health, earth and money.  If you feel called to such a mission, read more at Mission, Method, and Mary and Martha Moments.

See my full disclosure statement here.

Katie you are amazing! Thank you for another great e-book. Soaking grains feels like a huge step for me and this book will be a big help. I know I’ll look back and think “what was I so afraid of anyway?” but the first steps are the hardest ;o) Thank you for all you do!

2. Teresa says

Katie,
    Thanks so much for the free e book! I have a question about the bread.. why is vital wheat gluten not good to use. I have heard that it is not a good food but i don’t know why. Can You explain it please. I regularly follow your blog since taking the gnowflins course. Maybe I missed the explanation there. Thanks so much for all you do.

Katie Reply:

Teresa,
    Really, for many people, there might be nothing wrong with adding gluten. The problem with it is two-fold: 1. it’s simply not a “whole” food since it’s pulled out of the wheat and added back into the bread in irregular quantities. 2. there is such a rise in gluten intolerance, and over exposure to gluten b/c of its use in whole grain breads is one theory as to why.

Gluten helps whole wheat bread be fluffier and rise better, which Americans really like. My goal is always to find a good bread recipe that doesn’t use gluten, just to be on the safe side. However…I do have a bag of it in my freezer!

Here’s my search for the perfect whole grain bread w/o gluten: http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2011/01/04/introducing-seeking-the-perfect-homemade-whole-wheat-bread/

Hope that helps! :) katie

3. Jessica says

Hi! New here & love your site!
    If you don’t mind can you tell me why people are soaking their grains? This is the first I have heard of this. Or maybe it was in one of your earlier posts?
    Thank you! :-)

Katie Reply:

Jessica,
    The answers are in the book as well, but you can find everything you want to know at this round-up: http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/seriescarnivals/soaking-grains-an-exploration/
    Enjoy! :) Katie

4. DawnJoy says

Thanks for the wonderful gift. I’ve been wanting to “do” the soaking of grains, but with info all over the place, I was getting overwhelmed. One book, all info in one place, AWESOME. Thanks.

5. Jon Entus says

Hi,
    I signed up. Great site. However, I too did not recieve a link to the soaked grains e-book. I tried re-signing up- to no avail. Any solutions? Can you just send me the e-book to this email?
    Thanks.

Katie Reply:

Jon,
    Please email me at kitchenstew at gmail dot com and we’ll troubleshoot! (start by checking your spam folder for the activation email – you won’t get the book download page until you’ve activated your subscription)
    Thanks, Katie

Excited to get into more soaking & fermenting…! However, I was terribly disappointed with the wheat-free maple oat scones on page 54 – it calls for 2 tsp baking soda, which was way too much! I prepared these yesterday morning to bake today for brunch with my grandparents, and luckily, I took the first bite – they were awful and bitter! What a waste of good butter and maple syrup! The texture was nice, and they smelled great in the oven, but they were inedible! Probably 1/2 tsp would have sufficed :(

7. Carol G. says

Thanks for the free book on soaking grains. I am new to this somotmwill be very helpful.

I signed up for the monthly newsletter as instructed and then clicked the download button to get the free Is Your Flour Wet e-book, but did not get it. I used my IPad, but figured it was that so I would like to try on my laptop. How do, I down load it again? Thanks!

Katie Kimball @ Kitchen Stewardship Reply:

Carol,
    I emailed you!

Carol G. Reply:

Got it. Thank you!

8. Dawn via Facebook says

Thank you for the free recipe/instruction book :) I’m always trying to find recipes and ways to eat healthier while on a very strict grocery budget :) Now if you guys have or come up with an ebook called How to eat healthier on $200 a month for 2, I’d so be on it! lol

9. Dawn via Facebook says