- Buy it Here!
- The Healthy Lunch Box (eBook Premium Package)
- Start Thinking Outside the Box… Right Now
- What’s in The Healthy Lunch Box?
- What People are Saying
- What’s the Premium Package?
- One Thing You Won’t Find
- What About Allergies?
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- My Other Books
If the only thing more frightening to you than “lunch packing” is “school hot lunch…”
If you feel like you pack the same old thing day in and day out…
If you’re bread-free and not sure what to do about it…
Or if you feel like you’re in a sandwich rut, ditch the ‘wich – The Healthy Lunch Box to the rescue!
Easy, healthy foods for lunch can seem elusive when it’s 7:30 a.m. and you’re begging the refrigerator for something, ANYthing to send with your kids to school.
You know you don’t want to rely on school lunch to nourish your kids, but managing a real food packed lunch every day can be mind-boggling, if not refrigerator-boggling. For families who don’t use much bread, whether Paleo, gluten-free, or just “Uh oh, we’re out of bread,” a sandwich-free lunch gets even trickier.
The Healthy Lunch Box: Sandwich-free Secrets to Packing a Real Food Lunch is loaded with strategies to streamline your packing process, stock your pantry with emergency backups for your backups, and send healthy, delicious food in the lunch box, no matter how old your eater is.
And there’s not a sandwich in sight.
Whether you need to pack a healthy lunch for work, school, or lunch on the go anywhere, the portable ideas in The Healthy Lunch Box will inspire you to avoid packaged and processed foods and go with the real thing every day.
Buy it Here!
You automatically get the premium package when you buy at Kitchen Stewardship®, with a full-color 124-page PDF enhanced with lunchtime photos, the files for your Kindle or Nook, and 8 more bonus printables totaling over 20 additional pages. This is an eBook only; nothing will come in the mail.
The Healthy Lunch Box (eBook Premium Package)
Sandwich-free Secrets to Packing a Real Food Lunch
With 45 lunchtime-friendly recipes, over 100 links for more, and a massive “What Should I Pack” list, you’ll never run out of ideas again.
Start Thinking Outside the Box… Right Now
The Healthy Lunch Box does it all.
If you want to pack a lunch that’s good for your family and good for the earth, too, you’re in the right place. The mission of Kitchen Stewardship® is to balance care for our health, the earth, our budgets and our time, and those threads carry over into The Healthy Lunch Box with sections like
- Waste-Free Lunches
- The Allergy Friendly Lunch Box
- Think Like Ma Ingalls
What’s in The Healthy Lunch Box?
This eBook didn’t start out to be a recipe book, although there are 45 recipes and links to over 100 more. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time and energy to be making special meals just to send with my kids for lunch.
The strategy behind The Healthy Lunch Box is all about integrating lunch packing into your regular life, where you’re probably already cooking at least once (if not two or three times) every day.
From children to adults, school kids to homeschooling families, everyone needs to eat lunch — even if you’re only going to have 10 minutes to eat it (the average time a school student realistically has at the table).
So let’s make it as painless as possible without relying on packaged convenience foods – or sandwiches.
Here’s a little preview
Here’s a little preview of some of the pages inside The Healthy Lunch Box so you can get just a little of that “I’m sitting in a bookstore browsing for something interesting” feeling. Close your eyes and imagine the smell of real pages… (for now, The Healthy Lunch Box is just an eBook, the “green” way to go. Plans are for it to be available in print someday.)
If you can’t see the preview above, click HERE to view it in a separate window.
What People are Saying
This one from a reader just warms my heart:
And on food allergies:
It’s been a rough, ‘I really hate food allergies’ kind of week for me around here, and it really touched me to read what you had to say. Thank you.” –Susan
Not just for packed lunches:
What’s the Premium Package?
When you purchase The Healthy Lunch Box here at Kitchen Stewardship®, you automatically get the entire Premium Package:
PDF Downloadable eBook, The Healthy Lunch Box (124 pages)
Kindle & Nook files
EIGHT Printables, including:
1. “Quick Start Guide” for The Healthy Lunch Box: One page, top 10 tips from the book, for those of you who love to open a box and turn on the appliance without reading a 100-page manual. Pack better lunches NOW.
2. “10 Ways to Help Kids Eat More Veggies” by Katie Kimball: No tricks! Powerful and effective strategies to incorporate more vegetables not only onto your children’s plates, but also into their bellies.
3. “Main Dish Salads” eBooklet: 10 meal-worthy salads courtesy of GNOWFGLINS
4. Printable Lunch Notes: Two pages of super cute notes to include in your kid’s lunch boxes (courtesy of eMeals)
Meal Planning Resources from The Nourishing Home:
- 5. A template for planning a week’s worth of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- 6. A template for planning JUST lunches for one month.
- 7. A one-week meal plan, featuring back-to-school style meals (for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners) already planned and ready for you to download and prepare!
8. “Teach Kids to Pack Their Own Lunches”: Printable with top 10 tips (courtesy of ECOlunchboxes)
PLUS with every purchase, you’ll also receive:
- A 50% off coupon for The Healthy Breakfast Book: Cereal-free Secrets to Starting the Day with Real Food, the companion book to The Healthy Lunch Box.
- Valuable coupons for Crock On!, eMeals, and ECOlunchboxes
- Info on how to get a free frozen treat eBook
One Thing You Won’t Find
I’m a planner, but I also like being in charge. That means I don’t like using other people’s plans, so I don’t include actual lunch time menu plans in The Healthy Lunch Box.
I’m realizing, slowly but surely, that the entire world does NOT think exactly like me (gasp!). I’ve partnered with MOMables so that, if you would like to try out a pre-fab, real food meal plan for lunch, you can.
Click on “first time here” right HERE and look for the “grab a sample plan” with grocery list, prep list, and recipes from Laura, who is also a KS reader (I love that part!) and contributed two recipes to the book as well.
What About Allergies?
The Healthy Lunch Box is very adaptable and fairly allergy-friendly. The official breakdown is:
- Gluten-free: 34 recipes (77%)
- Grain-free: 24 recipes (55%)
- Dairy-free: 27 recipes (61%)
- Egg-free: 25 recipes (57%)
- Nut-free: 35 recipes (80%)
- Vegetarian: 34 recipes (72%)
- Vegan: 15 recipes (35%)
Note: Only about 15 of the recipes in the book are also found for free online, and most of those are updated and enhanced with new options. It’s important to me to make any paid product worth it for my readers, but many of my favorite recipes are already shared for free – so it’s a balance.
If you are unhappy with The Healthy Lunch Box for any reason, including allergies that prevent you from making too many recipes, I will provide a full refund, no questions asked.
My Other Books
You can see all KS eBooks HERE, including:
If you’re a blogger and interested in the affiliate program, click here.
Proud to boast the cover design of Blake Rudis.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of eMeals, Crock On, MOMables, ECOlunchboxes and GNOWFGLINS and will receive a commission if you make a purchase there.Unless otherwise credited, photos are owned by the author or used with a license from Canva or Deposit Photos.