Ah, summer! Days full of being out in the sun, not a care in the world…
Whether you’re at a baseball game, out for a bike ride or relaxing on the beach, you still need to eat at least three meals a day, right? But you don’t feel like heating up the kitchen — or maybe even spending time in there at all if you can help it.
If you’re headed to the campground for a long weekend and are wondering what to take, or the family is gathering for the 4th of July, a family reunion or “just because” — What can you make that’s real food but a crowd favorite?
While plates of fresh fruit and vegetables are always welcome, here are some ideas to take it up a notch.
Appetizers, Dips and Condiments
- Easy Deviled Eggs
- Easy Summer Fruit Dips
- Fresh Guacamole
- Italian Dressing
- Lacto-Fermented and Canned Dill Pickles
- Spicy Cheesy Chicken Dip
- Classic Easy Potato Salad – always a crowd pleaser!
- Beet Salad Ideas
- Sprouted Lentil Salad – unique and different with a yummy, simple dressing that can go on any salad.
- Spelt Salad – a unique twist on pasta salad you’ll love!
- Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad Variations to feed a Crowd
- Chicken Barley Leek Soup
- Sausage, Kale and Bean Soup
- Sausage Zucchini Bake
- Cream of Vegetable “End of Garden” Soup
Jamaican Meat Marinade(recipe no longer available)
- California Chicken Wraps
- Grilled Sourdough Pizza
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Desserts and Extras
- Fruit Pizza – no purchased pastry crust here + probiotics for a boost!
- Herb Infused Popsicles
- Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink – amazing after a day working or playing outside
- Honey-Sweetened Ginger Ale
Looking Ahead to Fall
Don’t forget to think about preserving the summer bounty – either from your backyard or the farmer’s market. Here is a quick list to get you started on having a taste of summer all year long.
- Restaurant-Style Canned Salsa
- Real Food Veggie Chips
- Fruit Rolls – great for lunches and snacks all year!
- How to Dehydrate Fruit
See my full disclosure statement here.