Here’s the promised recipe for the second way my family uses avocados (after guac). I learned this wrap at a Pampered Chef party, and we looooove it around here. I always feel like I’m at a good restaurant when I serve them. So easy, so yummy.
- Chop some cucumbers and cover with ranch dressing;
- Stir and let sit while you cut everything else.
- Cook chicken if necessary and slice vegetables.
- Salt chicken and add a little Italian seasoning if you have it.
- Assemble wraps in order given.
- Roll tightly and grill on a George Foreman or in a very hot pan (dry, no Teflon), seam side down first.
- Turn once if in pan.
- Remove when tortillas are lightly browned.
2 Tools for Real Food Success:
It’s never easy to keep up with real food goals! If my meal isn’t planned ahead and/or I don’t have the right food on hand, it’s SO tempting to give up and grab convenience food!
I have to almost trick myself into getting it right sometimes…like this:
I love my raw milk farm, and they usually have beef for me too – but not all the cuts. And chicken is hard to come by. And pork is hit or miss.
I’m sure you’ve experienced the same sourcing frustrations!
That’s why I’m always grateful that there’s an online source of incredibly high quality meat that I can always count on. A box from Butcher Box is guaranteed to be grassfed/organic/pastured/free range = all the labels important to your family’s health!
If you live in an area (like my mom) where organic local farms are nowhere to be found or have trouble sourcing certain meats or cuts, Butcher Box has you covered.
(free shipping too!)
But if I forget to plan ahead, all that amazing meat just sits in the freezer! Enter Real Plans, an online meal planning software that is probably smarter than I am.
I can enter that cut of meat along with my food restrictions and find the perfect meal, then generate a shopping list, multiply it by 4 if we have company, and enter my own fav recipes too.
Real Plans takes the stress out of meal planning and puts the nourishing food BACK on your table. There’s a plan for every diet type:
Pile onto a homemade tortilla. I like them with mustard!
Or…happily toasting on the George.
Tips and Transformations:
- We like it with plain ranch and mustard, because hubby doesn’t like cucumbers.
- I almost always serve it with a side of Chicken Rice-a-Roni, homemade version.
- Add bacon or pepperoni and hot pepper for an Italian twist.
- Use Caesar dressing for something different
- Chicken is best stir fried or leftover roasted chicken, BUT if you want to use your chicken from making stock, I would recommend sautéing it in olive oil first for flavor.