Here’s the promised recipe for the second way my family uses avocados (after guac). I learned this wrap at a Pampered Chef party, and we looooove it around here. I always feel like I’m at a good restaurant when I serve them. So easy, so yummy.
- Chop some cucumber and cover with ranch dressing;
- Stir and let sit while you cut everything else.
- Cook chicken if necessary and slice vegetables.
- Salt chicken and add a little Italian seasoning if you have it.
- Assemble wraps in order given.
- Roll tightly and grill on a George Foreman or in a very hot pan (dry, no Teflon), seam side down first.
- Turn once if in pan.
- Remove when tortillas are lightly browned.
Super foods: 1, plus 3 honorable mentions (use herbed plain yogurt instead of ranch and add some spinach leaves to make 3 super foods!)
Pile onto a homemade tortilla. I like them with mustard!
Tips and Transformations:
- We like it with plain ranch and mustard, because hubby doesn’t like cucumbers.
- I almost always serve it with a side of Chicken Rice-a-Roni, homemade version.
- Add bacon or pepperoni and hot pepper for an Italian twist.
- Use Caesar dressing for something different
- Chicken is best stir fried or leftover roasted chicken, BUT if you want to use your chicken from making stock, I would recommend sautéing it in olive oil first for flavor.
Other Recipe Connections:
- Potato Salad with the Kids
- Homemade Refried Beans
- The Best Scrambled Eggs Ever
- Crockpot Tuscan Beef Stew
- Turkey Pot Pie (or How to Use up Leftovers)
- Frugal Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Green Smoothies with Kale
- Meatless Meals Carnival
- Tuscan Bean Soup
- Garlic Soup
- Jamaican Meat Marinade
- Summer Fruit Dips
- Homemade Guacamole