|California Chicken Wraps|
- Tortillas (whole wheat or homemade)
- Mashed or sliced avocado (see here for a tutorial on how to cut)
- Cooked shredded chicken
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Homemade ranch dressing (+ cut cucumbers, optional)
- Shredded cheese
- Chop some cucumber and cover with ranch dressing;
- Stir and let sit while you cut everything else.
- Cook chicken if necessary and slice vegetables.
- Salt chicken and add a little Italian seasoning if you have it.
- Assemble wraps in order given.
- Roll tightly and grill on a George Foreman or in a very hot pan (dry, no Teflon), seam side down first.
- Turn once if in pan.
- Remove when tortillas are lightly browned.
Cost: less than $1 per wrap; varies depending on what kind of chicken and tortillas you buy. Can be made as a grilled sandwich on whole wheat bread, too.
Super foods: 1 plus 3 honorable mentions (use herbed plain yogurt instead of ranch and add some spinach leaves to make 3 super foods!)
Tips and Transformations:
- We like it with plain ranch and mustard, because hubby doesn’t like cucumbers.
- I almost always serve it with a side of Chicken Rice-a-Roni, homemade version.
- Add bacon or pepperoni and hot pepper for an Italian twist.
- Use Caesar dressing for something different
- Chicken is best stir fried or leftover roasted chicken, BUT if you want to use your chicken from making stock, I would recommend sautéing it in olive oil first for flavor.
Find cool dishes at Life as MOM’s Ultimate Recipe Swap.
If you missed the last Monday Mission, click here.
Other Recipe Connections:
- Potato Salad with the Kids
- Homemade Refried Beans
- The Best Scrambled Eggs Ever
- Crockpot Tuscan Beef Stew
- Turkey Pot Pie (or How to Use up Leftovers)
- Frugal Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Green Smoothies with Kale
- Meatless Meals Carnival
- Tuscan Bean Soup
- Garlic Soup
- Jamaican Meat Marinade
- Summer Fruit Dips
- Homemade Guacamole
Join our Facebook community so you never miss an update!