It’s Spinach Week here at Kitchen Stewardship! I get to share one of our family’s favorite recipes today.
The first indication that it’s a winner is that Kraft Food and Family Magazine publishes it at least once a year, sometimes more.
Second is that my son always asks for seconds on (he’s a good eater, but he likes to get to dessert most of the time and doesn’t waste time with seconds…which is why his pants are always falling down!). Finally, when I served the leftovers to a friend, she immediately asked for the recipe, and we joke about how often we both make it. It’s truly a go-to meal when you’re not sure what else to make.
If you forget the Parmesan cheese like I often do, there are only 5 ingredients, so you can do it from memory without searching for the recipe. Gotta love that!
- 2 c. uncooked short pasta
- ½ lb. hot or mild Italian sausage, or try making homemade sausage
- 7 c. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves (about half a bag or box, or as much as you can fit in your skillet)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, crumble meat into large skillet and cook through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain grease.
- Add spinach and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and add to meat mixture.
- Add cheeses and mix lightly.
Powered by Sidelines